I have noticed that my version of the i2c utilities no longer work in FreeBSD 10.1 release.
Now I know why they didn’t work and how to make they to work.
bcm2835_bsc, i2c driver for Raspberry Pi in FreeBSD 10-Stable used “normal” 7-bit addresses for i2c devices. And I have used such addresses for ioctl syscalls.
But FreeBSD, historically, has always used 8-bit addresses for i2c devices (7-bit device address << 1), always leaving the room for the read/write bit.
Commit 270243 changed the bcm2835_bsc to make them compatible with 8-bit addresses.
Ugly, but monotonous.
So, bcm2835_bsc in FreeBSD 10.1 uses 8-bit addresses for i2c devices.
And now all works: